Following setbacks such as musculoskeletal injuries, concussion or mental illness, many people require support to get back on their feet – this is generally known as rehabilitation. Proactive has been helping Kiwi’s rehabilitate from injuries since 1999 and is New Zealand’s most experienced nation-wide provider of rehabilitation services.
Over this time however, we have learnt that getting back on to your feet after such a setback requires more than just being “rehabilitated” – it requires a programme of care that is tailored to your needs, provided by experts, holistic and that will really engage you in the process. That is why our approach to rehabilitation focusses on your wellbeing.
We have teams of experts from a wide range of healthcare backgrounds – physiotherapists, occupational therapy, medical specialists, and psychologists – and are able to wrap their expertise around you to help you to optimise your recovery. We aim not only to rehabilitate, but to teach you how to best manage your overall health and wellbeing – meaning that you come out the other side of your journey empowered to be able to live a healthier and more independent life.
We help more than 10 000 Kiwi’s every year to
- get back to work and everyday living following injury or illness
- manage ongoing symptoms from concussion
- get on top of persistent and chronic pain
- manage mental health challenges
- learn about lifestyle factors that can affect recovery, health and overall wellbeing
- access the medical experts they need to start on the right course of action to recover.
Check out the links below to find out more about the services we offer.