Dominated (in the best possible way) by Mt Taranaki and surrounded by lush farmland, New Plymouth is the only international deep-water port in this part of New Zealand. Like all port towns, the world washes in and out on the tide, leaving the locals buzzing with a global outlook. The city has a bubbling arts scene (with two superb free galleries), some fab cafes and a rootsy, outdoorsy focus. Surf beaches and Mt Taranaki (Egmont National Park) are just a short hop away.
We are a small team of highly experienced physios, nurses, OTs and social worker with around 150 years of experience across our team of seven.
New Plymouth has a population of around 60,000 and it takes around 15 mins to drive from one side to the other in peak traffic. Some of our staff live in small coastal communities and travel for 20-30 mins to work each day. Anything more than 25 mins is seen as a long commute!
Our work is a mixture of industrial and farming (60%) and the balance is mixed retail, health, service sector. The keyworkers will have the opportunity to travel around the stunning beautiful region in a company car. We are a major lifestyle destination with surfing, tramping, mountain biking, hunting and fishing all major lifestyle attractions. In New Plymouth we are never more than a 10 min drive for rural, bush or seaside environments.
We will offer a competitive salary, flexible working options, use of a company car, support of up to $1500 per annum for ongoing training needs, full reimbursement of APC costs, contribution towards mobile phone contracts, a comprehensive induction programme with ongoing support from our experienced team.
Who we are looking for?
- Friendly results driven physiotherapist or Occupational therapist, who puts their clients at the center of everything they do
- Ability to tailor approach to meet individual clients needs
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Natural problem solver – able to make sound considered decisions
- Great team player with exceptional people skills
- If you’re enthusiastic and keen to learn, we’d love to train you across the range of services we provide.
- Competitive Salary
- Continuation of your Professional Development