Start your career at Proactive
About our Graduate Programme
Proactive offers a structured two-year clinical education programme for Physiotherapy graduates transitioning into their first year of clinical practice. Our Graduate Programme provides you with the opportunity to consolidate your learning and develop your clinical skills by working alongside our highly experienced interdisciplinary team of allied health and medical clinicians.
Proactive fosters an environment where we actively learn from each other’s specialities for the benefit of providing holistic care and quality outcomes for our clients. We recognise that everyone learns differently, so our Graduate Programme is flexible to your individual learning needs. We customise a programme of structured training, tailored modules, group and individual learning and expert mentoring designed to assist you to become the best clinician you can be.
We get our graduates off to a great start with a comprehensive induction, expert mentoring, professional development, in-service education and access to clinical research and resources to develop your clinical competency.
Proactive also offers career pathways that allow you the opportunity for diversity in your practice. We will also support you with post graduate study to continue your learning and professional development.
Our Graduate programme is a two-year structured clinical education programme providing ongoing education, mentoring and practical learning opportunities.
All graduates are allocated a senior clinician as a Supervisor who will be your mentor over the course of your programme. In the first year, formally structured supervision meetings will occur on a weekly basis and will be at a level appropriate to your experience and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive orientation programme
- Comprehensive internal Clinical internship
- Observation/shadowing clinicians to learn their roles within the interdisciplinary team
- Tailored learning modules
- Individual mentoring with weekly supervision, coaching, KPIs and peer reviews
- Clinical involvement in a range of injury conditions and complexities
- Work collaboratively as part of the rehabilitation team and communicate with clients and their employers or families, medical practitioners and other health professionals involved in client care
- External professional development courses, McKenzie and Mulligans
- Increased focus on development of assessment and rehabilitation skills
- Introduction to a range of contracts and broadening skill in areas of interest
- Further develop and reflect on skills and behaviours for safe professional and ethical practice
- Build up complexity of clinical caseload
- Continue to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
To be eligible for the next intake of our Graduate Programme, you must be about to or have successfully completed your studies, hold professional registration with a current practicing certificate and be committed to continuing education. We have clinics throughout the North and South Island with opportunities for new graduates.
Please note: Our Graduate Programme is only available to students how have recently graduated or are about to graduate from a New Zealand tertiary provider.