Inpatient Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation – Wakefield Hospital
Proactive delivers inpatient physiotherapy and rehabilitation in collaboration with Acurity Group and Wakefield Hospital to support patients in achieving the best possible results. We work as a expert team utilising the breadth of our services in an integrated and “whole rehabilitation pathway” approach to achieve optimal outcomes for surgical and non surgical patients ensuring a seamless patient experience.
We do this by:
- Rehabilitation Planning: Arranging the appropriate assessments and coordinating the best team to work to identify your needs facilitating a seamless and integrated service with each component in place for when you need it in your rehabilitation journey
- Key worker role: We play a key worker role across the team working with you to facilitate shared care communication, planning and rehabilitation progression
- Pre-habilitation: physiotherapy and other rehabilitation services prior to surgery to optimise outcomes following surgery if recommended by your specialist
- Inpatient Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy post surgery whilst you are in hospital to ensure you get the advise you need and the support to be mobile and be able to return home
- Seamless discharge: into integrated rehabilitation services to ensure you continue physiotherapy with all the right people talking to each other to facilitate this process and arrange for the next steps required to achieve a full wellbeing outcome toward independence, return to study or work, home and social roles and sport
- Post discharge rehabilitation: To achieve optimal wellbeing and independence different services may be planned and utilised to achieve your goals such as community or outpatient clinic physiotherapy, pain management, functional rehabilitation, home modification, post discharge and/or early acute needs equipment, returning to work support, sports physiotherapy, psychology and an array of other options if required for your needs and as would be identified in the rehabilitation planning phase with you
- The Four Corners of Health: Throughout your recovery pathway Proactive health professionals can help teach you a range of strategies to help you optimise your recovery. We do this by offering guidelines relating to evidence based exercise, nutritional, sleep and psychological techniques that have been shown to improve recovery from surgery. The strategies that we help you apply will differ through your recovery pathway, but whether you are in the pre-surgery rehabilitation stage, getting discharged from hospital or rehabilitating to return to everyday activity, the Four Corners of Health approach can help.
Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy is available privately and via ACC, DHB or other insurance funders during inpatient stays post surgery.