Our Clinical Exercise Physiology services are allied health practitioners who help people with a wide range of injuries or illnesses. We focus on long term wellness and lifestyle change to manage illnesses, increase wellbeing or improve performance.
Exercise Physiologists are experts in exercise prescription and rehabilitation from injury and illness and are trained in stress management and lifestyle coaching to help you go through transformational change to achieve a wide range of goals. Our Exercise Physiologists utilise the Four Corners of Health™ approach within their service delivery.
Exercise physiologists may work with a range of other health practitioners to ensure an integrated approach to injury or illness recovery.
They are trained to:
- Administer exercise stress tests in healthy and unhealthy populations
- Evaluate a person’s overall health, with special attention to cardiovascular function and metabolism
- Develop individualised exercise prescriptions to increase physical fitness, strength, endurance, and flexibility
- Design customised exercise and lifestyle change programs to meet health care needs and athletic performance goals
- Functional exercise programming for restoration of functional movement, in everyday movement, sport and work.
Some of the kinds of people or conditions they help are:
- athletes looking for enhanced performance
- biomechanics for performance
- corrective exercise and biomechanics for postural and mechanical causes of ongoing pain
- chronic pain
- injury recovery
- cardiac disease
- stress management
- obesity or weight loss
- arthritis and osteoporosis
- post surgery